Let's build something
Meatiply is an innovative company developing and producing cultivated meat cuts with a focus on Asian cuisines. To do this, we grow cells from livestock animals and leverage cutting-edge biotechnologies with the vision of generating commercially-viable products that mimic the taste and texture of conventional meat.
Join Our Team
Come create a revolution in meat production with us.
Meatiply is an exciting and fast-growing cultivated meat company based in Singapore. We aim to develop cultured meat as an alternative to conventional animal agriculture, especially targeted towards the Asian market. We do this by growing animal cells obtained from the muscle tissue of livestock animals, and growing meat structures in a laboratory. We intend to achieve this by leveraging cutting-edge techniques and processes in cell biology, biomaterials, bioprocess manufacturing, 3D bioprinting, and food production. Based in multi-cultural and technocratic Singapore, we are at the nexus of many food cultures in the region and well-positioned for this new industry.
With our efforts, we hope to facilitate a transition to a new food system that eliminates the need for unsustainable, risky, and inhumane factory farming and in so doing, (1) mitigating the risks of viral and antibiotic-resistant bacterial pandemics, (2) reducing food production-associated carbon footprint, (3) improving animal welfare, and (4) increasing global food supply and sustainability.
At the end of the day, we want to create a compelling meat product that is safe, nutritious, highly authentic & familiar, but using a process that is kinder for us, the animals, and our planet. We are now expanding our multi-disciplinary team and would love for you to join us in this endeavour!
About the Role
- Design and conduct experiments to create formulations that meet texture, flavour and other parameters relevant to meat products
- Deploy a variety of analytical assays to quantify these parameters
- Establish and maintain quality and food safety standards
- Assist in conducting sensory studies on in-house and other commercially available products
- Collaborate and integrate information with cross functional teams for analytical testing and product development
- Engage with Singapore Food Agency and other regulatory bodies on safety testing and standards
- Collection and analysis of data, evaluation of results, formation of conclusions and proposal of follow up actions
- Accurate and consistent documentation of experimental methods, materials, results, conclusions and proposed follow-up actions
- Present and communicate findings to cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Food Science/Engineering, Material Science, Biochemistry, Bio-organic chemistry or applicable industry experience in related areas
- 1-4 years’ experience in food product development
- Lead, prioritize & manage day-to-day R&D activities
- Competent in experimental design
- Interest in driving key innovations in an early stage start-up
- Able to work in teams and independently
- Experience in any of the following are also considered relevant:
- applied sensory research
- lipid chemistry
- flavour chemistry
- protein chemistry
- texture and material chemistry
- analytical chemistry
- meat science/meat processing
- food safety and toxicology testing
- A self-starter with:
- high curiosity, creativity, and adaptability
- motivation for discovering new technologies
- strong analytical, investigative and problem solving skills
- ability to challenge assumptions and create innovative solutions
- consumer-centric mindset